Sunday, July 6, 2008

God Bless America


Josh and I spent this 4th of July in Logan, UT and Preston, ID. Josh had a paint job up there. I had the week off so I thought it would be fun to go up and help Josh paint. I quickly discovered how much I hate painting and how much I appreciate Josh for doing it as a living. As we were driving back to Preston from Logan on the 4th of July Josh was looking around and he said, "This is America." I looked around and what I saw was cows and hay bails. So I said, "America is cows and hay bails." That wasn't what Josh meant. To Josh America is the country and the roots that made our nation. It is where he grew up. His parents taught him to work the land and love the land. Agriculture was the initial start for this country. As I thought about this I have realized that America can be many things to different people. God Bless America for giving the people here a life they can freely enjoy and love. God Bless America that we may hold this country dear and remember what it stands for. God Bless America and protect it from the growing evils of the world. Bless God for America who inspired men who founded this great nation.

1 comment:

JAB0218 said...

Josh and Lindsey - I am so glad I found you blog. Lindsey's mom told me about it. We go way back and I am glad to be able to keep in touch with you again. It has been so long. Our blog is
JAB0218.blogspot.com
Keep in touch.
Annette and Josh Beckstrand