Sunday, July 27, 2008

American Idol Auditions



Last night Josh and I pulled an all-nighter to register for American Idol. We went to Energy Solutions Arena at 2:00 am and got in line. We spent the next five hours people watching because there was nothing else to do. I always wondered how American Idol got all those crazy people on there show. Let me just say they were everywhere. The crazy people go to American Idol and the truth is most of them really do think they can sing. At about 5:30am the cameras started to come out and that is when the crowed started to get going. The camera crew came by us and I over heard the producer say, "Do you see anyone or anything interesting?" They went on and interviewed people with crazy hair, weird costumes, or anyone that looked out of the ordinary. Needless to say we were not interviewed. At around 6:30am the camera crew came back to the front of the line and took a lot of group shots. They had us cheer and say things together as a group like, "Welcome to Salt Lake City, Welcome to Archie Town, We will take the gold," and so on. A little after 7:00 they let us into the Arena to register. We were at the front of the line but the line wrapped around the entire building. There were thousands of people in line waiting to register. Josh register to audition for the show I register to be his guest. We both got American Idol wrist bands and tickets that give us an assigned seat in the Arena on the day of auditions. Auditions are not until Tuesday. Some of you may not know but this is not the audition for Simon, Paula, and Randy. You actual have to make it through three auditions before you ever see them. Tuesday is the first round of auditions. If Josh does make it through the first round of auditions they will make us sign all sorts of confidentiality forms saying we will not tell anyone. So josh is trying out for American Idol but you will have to wait with the rest of America to find out if anything comes of it. Wish us luck.

10 comments:

Miller Family said...

Ohhh...good luck Josh! I'm sure you will make it you are a awesome singer!!!

karen said...

Good luck Josh!Were glad you're trying out. We think your the best. Karen and Sarah

ixoj said...

I hope you win.

Anonymous said...

Josh...
If Simon doesn't pick you. Tell him Fika and Allie are going to "Kick his British Bootie"!

Good Luck,
The Anderson's

JAB0218 said...

Congratulations! Good luck you will have all our votes if you make it through!
Annette

Bastian said...

Hi Josh,

Good Luck with that! It's about time they get a good singer on that show...

If everyone in America has to wait for the show to start, what about those living in Germany? Any chance you can let them know before that? :D

Bastian

Anonymous said...

Yo... so what's up Josh and Lindsey...Can't talk, cat's got your tounge?

Scott and Mary said...

Hi Guys, I recently made a blog spot. So I have you on my list. Sorry about the American Idol thing, I hope you had fun anyways. PS obviously they don't know talent when they see it. Josh you are amazing! Love Aunt Mar

Derek and Emily said...

You'll get our vote Josh! Good luck.

Kaydee said...

Oh my heck- I am so glad you did that! That is awesome! Everyone was bugging me to do it... but it just wasn't in my stars at this point in my life! Where do you guys live now? We are in American Fork for now. I am so glad I found your blog! I hope all is well in Richville! Take care!
-Kaydee "Fryar" Beddes
www.beddes-clan.blogspot.com