Saturday, June 13, 2009

My First Tornado Adventure

 Yesterday a EF2 tornado caused damage in Desoto County.  That is where I live now.  Josh called me yesterday afternoon and told me that a tornado touched down a few miles away from where we live.  I immediately turned on my computer and looked up weather.  I put in my zip code and sure enough I was in a severe thunder storm with severe tornado warnings.  I guess all I really needed to do was look out my window and see massive amount of rain pouring  down with the trees almost sideways because of the wind.  I spent the next two hours cautiously away from my windows and without power.  I found a cosy spot to hang out and read a book while I watched the storm pass.  The storm gradually eased up but that didn't mean our power came back on.  The worst of the damage in Desoto County is that 50,000 people are without power.  Last night almost our whole apartment complex left in search of a place to eat.  (All of our utilities are electric.)  Luckily our power came back on this afternoon.  The total damages we have are our meal from last night $25.00, a few spoiled items in our fridge estimating around $20.00, a restless nights sleep because of no A/C, and my first tornado adventure Priceless.
 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Natascha said...

Scary! Glad you guys are ok. I like how you put all of your pictures together in one post. I think I will start doing that :)

ixoj said...

Wow. You're blogging up a storm these days.

Only 2 more weeks and then we can go adventuring together!

Becky said...

Yikes. I would've been scared!

Ed Orem said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.