Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I am a Kindergarten Teacher!!

Josh and I have not blogged in awhile because we have both been so busy. I just got a job at Central Elementary in Pleasant Grove. I am teaching Kindergarten :) The past two weeks all I have done is get ready for teaching. I have 24 students. So far they are the best Kindergarten class ever. They are really well behaved and very cute.

My Most Embarrassing Experience Ever!!!!
Today at work I taught my class as normal. I went and had lunch, went back to my classroom, worked on lesson plans, went to the bathroom, copied things in the faculty room, went back to my classroom, etc. After I had been working on things in my classroom for a while I needed to take something down to the office. On my way down I had one of the teachers stop me. She came running down the hall and said, "Mrs. Rich your garments are showing." I looked behind and found my skirt tucked in my garments. What a way to start my new job. Who knows how many people saw my tush and said nothing. At least I was decent while I taught my class. Couldn't you see a bunch of Kindergarteners going home to their parents saying, "We saw Mrs. Rich's underwear." I guess it can always be worse.

14 comments:

Josh said...

That's my Lindsey:)

ixoj said...

I like how you changed the birthday board. Look on the bright side- at least your underwear didn't have large holes in it!

Jen and Joe. said...

WOW. That happened to a lady in my ward this week....she was coming back INTO SACRAMENT MEETING from the bathroom and she was sitting in THE FRONT ROW.

I'm sure it happens to all of us, right? But you were lucky enough to have someone actually tell you!

JAB0218 said...

COngratulations Lindsey, you will make a wonderful teacher. Those kids are lucky to have you.
Annette

Michelle said...

Oh! That is so funny, there was a little girl in my primary class that happened to on Sunday! I am sorry! Hope you are enjoying teaching I bet you are a natural at it!

Derek and Emily said...

That's too funny! Don't worry, nobody will remember by next week. Your classroom is cute and you are the cutest kindergarten teacher too. You should move to P.G. to be closer to work (and us!).

Anonymous said...

I bet everyone was jealous. They wished they had such a cute little butt!

aunt annie

Chelsea Johnson Photography said...

hahaha congrats on ur new job.

oh and btw. i added ur link to our blog :)

Scott and Mary said...

Hi Lindsey! I bet there are plenty of little boys that just lost there first crushes on there Mom, you have now officially taken over! You are definitely going to steal those little boys hearts! Sorry Josh, you will have a lot of competition. If it makes you feel better, I bet you could take em! mary

Kaydee said...

That is so funny! I teach school too- 5th grade in Lehi... but I love to see the kindergarteners- they are so cute! Good luck this year! Hopefully not too many embarrasing moments follow... :)

Callie said...

I can totally see you as a Kindergarten teacher! Congrats! Your room is so cute.

At least with your garments showing you were still pretty modest! :)

Jen said...

Stupid Sister! Thats so funny! That happened to me a church, a couple times, but I noticed it before anybody saw.

Jake and Sharee said...

Hey Lindsey- I found your blog through Annette's. It is so awesome that you are a kindergarten teacher. I bet you are such a good teacher and great with the kids. It's so good to see that you guys are doing so well.
Love-Sharee

The Wood Family said...

How exciting that you have you're a teacher now! I teach 1st grade in Lehi. I'm sure that I'll start to see you at some meetings. Have fun!!!